LifeTies and Triad House’s
Our Challenge: Raise $500,000 by 2016
$250,000 from Foundations
$150,000 from Corporations
$100,000 from Individuals
- Increase services for LGBT homeless youth and eligible clients
- Improve efficiency of existing structures
First Goal: Increase capacity
Create housing for LGBTQ youth who are ineligible for Triad House
- Currently no homeless beds specifically for LGBT youth in NJ
- LGBT youth living on the street are ineligible
- Increase permanent supportive housing for those who age out
Second Goal: Improve Existing Structures
Increase efficiency per square foot of administrative building. More offices in the same space means that we can provide more needed advocacy work and more resources for our kids.
Pastor Dan Whitener – Campaign Chair
Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers!)
How will this project make an impact?
Get more kids off the street and out of inappropriate housing.
Why should we invest in Deepening Our Ties?
- It’s about the future of the LGBT community in NJ.
- We are NJ’s leading voice for LGBT homeless kids.
- We have a 30 year history of commitment and excellence.
What restrictions will there be on the use of donated funds?
All monies to used for goals of the capital campaign.
Are there naming opportunities for the campaign?
Yes! details TBD
Will there be a formal ceremony to recognize the donors?
Yes! details TBD
Why are you seeking philanthropic support from the community?
LifeTies is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that relies on donations, sponsorships, and grants to fund their programs and services.
Can I contribute assets other than cash?
Yes! You can contribute in all of the following ways.
- Outright gifts
- Closely held stock
- Goods and property
- Life insurance
- Matching Gifts
- Planned gifts
- Charitable bequests
- Retirement or pension plans
- Charitable gift annuities
- Deferred charitable gift annuities
- Charitable reminder trusts
- Charitable lead trusts
A special thanks to Bunbury Foundation and GLOBAL for their respective $10,000 donations!
For more information about the Capital Campaign, please call (609) 771-1600.